The Personal Injury Awards 2023 is now closed to submissions.
The Personal Injury Awards provides a unique opportunity to highlight and celebrate the excellence of individuals and organisations across the sector.
The awards encompass all professionals and key service providers working in personal injury. Their aim is to identify high standards of practice and to inspire others to emulate the achievements of the sector’s finest practitioners and organisations.
The awards culminate in a black-tie ceremony and dinner, held in Manchester, where the finalists meet, network and celebrate as a profession.
The Personal Injury Awards 2023 will take place at the Hilton Manchester Deansgate.
In this entry pack, you’ll find everything you need to know about the entry process, categories, benefits of entering, and more!
How to enter
Entries open soon! And entering couldn’t be easer:
- Pick your categories. There’s plenty to choose from! Read the criteria for each and decide which ones will give you the best opportunity to demonstrate your strengths.
- Choose the form of your submissions. Each submission should be unique for every category you enter. Written submissions can be 250 to 1,000 words per category. Alternatively, you can enter a video submission up to five minutes long.
- Submit via the form. Submissions are only accepted via the entry form on the site.
- Attach your logo. If you make it to the shortlist, we’ll need a high resolution version of your logo for the ceremony, programme, and marketing campaigns. We accept .JPEG, .PNG and .EPS formats.
- Attach the nominee’s photo. If you’re nominating someone for an individual award, include a high-resolution colour photograph of them – ideally not a selfie.
- Sit back and wait for the news.
How to win
It’s all about being memorable and compelling:
- Start early. Give yourself plenty of time to carefully evaluate the criteria for the categories you’re entering and provide a well-produced submission before the entry deadline.
- Check the criteria. Each category has its own criteria, and each submission should be unique.
- Provide evidence. Include as many results and evidence of success as you can, including testimonials. Judges are there to be swayed, so sway them.
- Keep it simple. Write or speak clearly and concisely so the judges can quickly understand the points you’re making.
- Consult with the relevant team. Collaborate on your submission as you do your work, and ensure that your whole team contributes.
- Be enthusiastic, transparent, and honest. Inspire the judges by sharing your organisation’s ethos and passion for your work without trying to pull the wool over their eyes. Honesty is the best policy.
- Redraft and revise. Once your submission is ready, start again and interrogate every fact and figure. Are they correct? Question every claim. Is that true? Weigh your language. Is that a helpful term or an empty buzzword?
General rules and requirements
- Entrants must be based in the UK or provide services in the UK
- Entrants can enter as many categories as they wish
- Submissions must be unique and tailored to meet the criteria of each category
- Self-nomination is required
- Written and video submissions are accepted – both must follow the criteria format
- Submissions can be made until 11.59pm on entry deadline day
- Entrants are expected to send at least one representative to attend the in-person ceremony
- The British Claims Awards reserves the right to remove any entries which do not meet the above criteria
What can you enter?
The British Claims Awards recognises and rewards talent and outstanding achievement with awards for organisations, individuals, teams and best in sector.
View all categories
- Barristers’ Chambers of the Year
- Best ESG Campaign
- Case Funding Provider of the Year
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer of the Year
- Catastrophic Injury Team of the Year
- Claims Management Company of the Year
- Clinical Negligence Lawyer of the Year
- Clinical Negligence Team of the Year
- Defendant Lawyer of the Year
- Defendant Team of the Year
- Insurance Provider of the Year
- Marketing Campaign of the Year
- Medico-Legal Provider of the Year
- Outstanding Achievement of the Year
- Outstanding Case of the Year
- Personal Injury Trust Provider of the Year
- Rehab Provider of the Year
- Supporting the Industry Award
- Young Achiever of the Year